The image of my bar is too small as it went on very fast that I had a tiny piece left to style and fit it into my blog post. I call it dinner bars as they are semi-spicy, good for grabs or late night quick dinner and light. It’s always better to have a portion of fruit after dinner so you loose that craving for something sweet.
This was another successful invention test. These store will when refrigerated for 3 days and can be used as stuffing for buns and sandwiches if you are a carb person like myself.
They are pretty good for lunch boxes too. Be creative add you own vegetable.
To make Mafaza’s Dinner bars
You need ;
1 cup Minced mutton/chicken or flaked fish
3 tablespoons of cheese
1 onion chopped
1/2 cup chopped and cooked mushrooms
1/2 cup boiled corn
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup chicken stock
To make the dinner bars;
1. Beat eggs and stock
2. Combine the minced chicken/mutton, chopped onions, mushrooms and corn (if adding fish make sure it’s gently mixed just before spreading into the oven.
3. Season with salt and pepper
4. Spread over a baking dish greased with butter and dusted with flour, trust me go green and use this method save some baking parchment.
5. Spread the cheese (use any type of cheese you like.
6. Bake in a moderate heat for 20 minutes while checking at 10mins
Once done cool for 5 minutes and cut into squares or rectangular shapes.
Serve warm with some ketchup or mayonnaise or just eat it.