the gourmet pink bake off, hosted by the Ahlan gourmet magazine last month at the dubai mall was a challenging task. it was a contest for 35 dirhams and I just wanted to be a part of the contest. I really wanted to win the taste test but unfortunately I didn’t it’s not that it was not tasty but it was too simple.
here is a glimpse of the event.
1. my cake send for the entry
2. the cakes i took for the bake sale
3. my first customer (she was standing near my desk and asked her mama to buy this cake) oh am so happy that my cake attracted this tiny sweet girl. these little things matter a lot to me when there is no appreciation for hard work by close ones.
4. she was ann and she won the fastest selling contest and she was so helpful and kind enough to reach out and promote which helped sell 15 of my cakes.
5-13 then some of the contestants and their lovely cake
14. that’s the winner in pink eliza and next to her is me
15. our group picture with the ahlan team
16. the final bake off challenge for the 2 winners was to decorate the papa rotti bun with a topping